Achieve more with reliable solutions
Convenient windrow composting
Windrow composting in high-rise poultry or hog houses is an old process made better with a Compost Cat. The Cat is driven down each row picking up the substrate, mixing and breaking up large particles, and placing it in the same line. This process is essential for composting, fly control, and eliminating chemical costs. By creating clean tall rows of substrate, an efficient composting environment is formulated, containing heat and maximizing aeration.
Precise material handling
The 16" diameter auger plow is positioned in front of the main chassis for maximum substrate collection and traction. With the option of custom widths (72"-96") and extra agitator, the Compost Cat is suitable for any size high-rise. The substrate is passed through to the drag chain conveyor, which facilitates turning of the substrate as well as creating an efficient compost windrow pile.
The simplicity of control
The Compost Cat's controls are simple and reliable hydraulic levers. With the skid steering drive design, the Cat is easy to aim straight down the windrow and can turn in place upon reaching the end. The independently driven 4-wheel drive provides great traction to plow through heavy substrate piles at 6 mph. The optional track drive increases traction to work wet material or to drive on top of old material.
Our innovation is proven technology
Over 25 years of experience with composting systems leads us to simple yet efficient and economical windrow composting solutions. Customers from 5 years back report extremely low maintenance and have covered enough ground to drive the Compost Cat the distance of Earth's circumference twice over! The Compost Cat is an innovation so significant that it was granted a patent in 2004 (US 6,820,358).
- Unique Flow-Thru design: the only windrow composter of its kind keeps the substrate in the same line
- Low wear and maintenance: rugged construction and durable components make for dependable use
- Skid steering: easy to use controls and turn on a dime radius
- Large substrate throughput: dual auger motors and extra beater plow through oversized windrow piles
- Compact design: fits through openings 72" Wide x 80" High
- 45 HP Deutz diesel engine
- Epoxy paint coat
- Center-flow auger head
- Auger diameter 16"
- Custom auger widths 72" to 96"
- Average weight of 5,000 lbs
- Skid steering at 6 mph
- Drag chain conveyor
- 40 gal hydraulic oil capacity
- Engine turbo to 57 HP
- Track drive
- Conveyor delete
- Upper plow agitator
- Blower system
- Enquire for custom requests